Okay, here we go. We watched "Episode IV: A New Hope" with the cousin.
- Her first comment: "I wish I knew what R2 was saying." You and me both, sister. We can assume about 85%, but you gotta wonder if there are some swear-words peppered in there.
- The epiphany: "What if C3PO's just a giant douche? What if R2 does deserve they way he's talking to him?" Good point. Most of us have grown up with Threepio, and learned to love him as a well-meaning, uppity bitch. But think about it. If you knew him in real life, how long would you put up with that shit?
- Threepio drops his line, "Thank the Maker!" My husband and I cast excited sideways glances at each other. She doesn't know!
- On light sabers: "It's a laser. Why doesn't it cauterize the wound?" Hmm. True, true. My explanation: "It's not a laser! It's a light saber!"
- The "remastered" scene where Han is talking to a weird, green, cartoon Jabba comes up. Instantly, young padawan says, "So this is why everyone hates George Lucas." The force is strong with this one.
- Obi-Wan delivers his famous line, "That's no moon; it's a space station." What does a human who has lived in America with a television all her life say? "There are people who don't know what the Death Star is??"
Stay tuned for Episode II (in which we watch "Episode V")!